I don’t know if anyone else does this but sometimes when I’m having a smelly old time of it, I have a little peek at what I was doing at the same time the year before (or further back in emergencies), wondering why I’m in the same old mess as ever, why (w)don’t I learn etc?
I’m feeling very blue at the moment, so I poured over November 2005 today (previous year’s memories being locked away in storage). Happily, it turned out to be just the diversion or thought provocation that I needed. It just made me laugh to see that the things I enjoyed the most last year is exactly the thing that I am enjoying the most this year. Once again I have found that to be nature. Of course I love summer the bestest but I love all the other seasons too and there’s a lot to be said for Autumn. Although it’s always icy cold at first, we also enjoy the crystal clear blue skies that inspired catster to do this. We have wonderful crisp cold air, pretty icy mornings, clear night skies, long shadows, colourful skies and gorgeous sunsets.
At last I have found a jogging route here that at least attempts to rival the one above. And there are no dogs. There are millions of little parks around here (it used to be the middle of nowhere after all) but no one jogs, so dogs tended to view me as a burglar and chase me while barking very menacingly. However, my newly discovered route takes me down to the River Thames at Islewoth and to Syon Park which is lovely. Orion and tomorrow’s full moon will be once more visible. Plus there are the colourful sunets although on the downside, I don’t get to see them on weekdays as I’m at work, where it feels like bedtime by 5pm it’s so dark!!!!! Suppose I’ll get used to it. Course early dark nights also mean that blazing sunlight wakes me up every morning, which I especially love at the weekends. Early morning is once again my absolute favourite time.
No comments:
Post a Comment