Saturday, December 09, 2006

for future presentation : codenamelizzy mk 2

Bah.

So, I’ve been staying with my bro for 2 ½ months now and we’ve adapted to living with each other very well. I haven’t bored you all with what’s happening on the house-buying front as it is very boring and very stressful. Who wants to hear about that? Oh, OK then, here’s an example. On Monday my Estate Agent called to say that if the existing problems were ironed out that I would be completing on 15th December. Goodness I was excited but luckily I decided not to hold my breath. Good job, as yesterday he called to warn me that there were new potential problems (not on my side – TG) and that they could easily delay everything by 2-3 months. Ever since I made my offer I have been driving hard to complete before Christmas. But that was when I needed a whole week to unpack. It’s obviously not quite so urgent now. I’ve lost the will now that all I have to unpack is my bed (beautiful), a portable TV, a small stereo, 2 lamps and a stool. These were the things that I brought here to make myself feel at home.

I have to remind myself to look on the bright side. It’s only my (faltering) positive attitude, my family and my friends that will get me through this. And there are some bright sides of course. Only yesterday my old friend Nicole rang to say that she has a spare sofa for me. Not just any old sofa, but a most comfortable sofa, one that I always loved sitting/lying on!!!!!! Plus my brother gave me some fairy lights for my garden. Ahhhhh. And most importantly……codenamelizzy mk 2 was able to really kick off. Once I had properly registered something that my solicitor said “please keep the receipts for any replacement clothing that you purchase”. As soon as I left his office I figured out that I could not go on living forever with only 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of trousers, 3 pairs of shorts and a few tee-shirts. It was fine for a few weeks but not for good. Not during the dead of winter and during party season. I did have some help though. My solicitor sent me on a detective mission yesterday and Vixen, being a student, was able to help on a weekday. Whilst trying to keep our spirits up I distracted her with tales of getting dresses for £8 at Primark and I literally dragged her in there when our detective duties were done. She duly dragged me into a shoe shop where I got into the spirit and bought myself a pair of shoes. Not trainers or boots, shoes! And then I bought a skirt and a pair of shorts and 2 pairs of footless tights. The mania carried on today and I bought some tee-shirts and a cardigan. codenamelizzy mk2, while not quite there, will at least be well dressed.

No comments: