Friday, February 09, 2007

boo hoo

I’m in hiding with a bottle of red wine as there have been no reports of flying pigs today and I don’t want to hurt an innocent bystander. But I can always talk to you.

It simply beggars belief that I found my flat at the end of September, there is no chain and yet I have still not moved in. It’s all down to the incompetent advice of the witch’s solicitor. And of course the witch won’t be rushed. I had better not run into her on the street until I’m very in place and very happy.

Without going into the long and boring detail I have been in the same position since 20th December to the Monday before last: her waiting for answers from the council and the results of the local searches. Her solicitor has been stringing me along and lying to me for weeks. But at last we were getting somewhere and were supposed to be exchanging today and completing next Friday. Today my heart was in my mouth all morning as I waited anxiously for news that we had. Alas, when news did finally come, almost inevitably it was bad. Her solicitor had not checked the witch’s mortgage offer, despite having had it for weeks and inevitably there was something wrong. There is still the very slightest possibility that I may complete next Friday as the witch has got her stuff all packed up and has booked a removal firm. By all accounts she was tearing her hair out all day trying to sort out the problem. How I laughed. “Good” I told the Estate Agent, “now she knows how we have all felt for months”. I will not be holding my breath though.

Bro is bearing up well considering. Actually I think that he may miss me when I go.

Coming soon: it's not all bad........

No comments: