Monday, May 07, 2007

maybe some day

It’s been a typical Bank Holiday for me. Sun, rain, drinking and DIY, with a stressful family visit thrown in. After torrential rain a strong wind has blown the clouds and everything else away. Sirens are blaring everywhere under a clear blue sky.

I’ve been painting my bedroom. Here’s the before and after.


It’s really hard to take a picture that captures the whole room. I’ll have to get the firestarter round, although now it’s May goodness knows when she’ll be free. So I’ve duplicated the Estate Agent picture.
I’ve decided that I like it, which is a relief. Light reflects on the floorboards and the lilac reflects on the ceiling. Yum. I think that I’ll really enjoy being in there. I nearly decided against purple. According to Feng Shui principles the majority of the house should be painted red and yellow. But I can do that in the other rooms eh. Plus, a girl in work told me that she heard people with purple bedrooms never have sex in it. This did alarm me at first but I went way back (cough) to my last flat and I do remember that not being the case. Then she admitted it was some mad woman who told her this in the first place. I hope to prove her very wrong and hopefully soon!

Now all I need is some furniture. Oh yeah, and a man.

2 comments:

Catster said...

Awww - room's looking lovely! Am free-er than we anticipated in May due to an unforeseen Australian so give me a shout when you require my services! (will ensure I see my uncle beforehand!)

xxx

purplemafling said...

love it! Just been painting the kitchen and it's all white. What does that mean?
xx