I was told that it was best that I did not look now, and I agreed. After much talking in Spanish, eventually It was agreed that I had to go to the Hospital in an Ambulance to have stitches. I have to admit that I was a little scared. I’ve always been really nervous about banging my shins after having had a bad bash on a bus once. I was only saved from a similar injury by the fashion of the day, black leather riding boots. Fashion worked against me this week though, as I was wearing one of my new purchases, a pair of ¾ length trousers. Cor, you couldn’t make it up Laydees. Seconds later, the plan had changed. I was to be sewn up backstage. I was taken around the block in the Ambulance and walked into a blinding white, empty concrete room, with several bright florescent lights. There was a solitary bench, which I was laid on. Within seconds the empty room was full of 15 or so Medics clocking onto duty. They all spoke loudly in a strange language, in the strange scary room. Someone brought a bin over and I feared for the leg, but it was OK, the bin was for the wrapper coming off the big needle someone had pulled out. A lady slapped my shin. `I looked up in alarm as she smiled and said “can you feel that?”. The injection didn’t seem to be working yet.
tbc
1 comment:
Ow ow ow ow....
Sounds like no fun at all! My sympathies.
When I was in Africa this summer I got a second degree chemical burn on my arm and it's no fun at all to be in a medical place when you don't speak the language.
I was glad to get to England, which was my next stop fortunately. Your British medical system is very kind to tourists, by the way. :)
Post a Comment