Tuesday, December 13, 2005

you can breath out now

So, it’s the night after the nearly most dreaded day of the year, the most dreaded being New Year’s Eve……. On awaking this morning, after maybe 4 hours kip (only broken by 4 toilet trips) I knew before I opened my eyes this morning that I was alone (sharkster! I am a spinster of the parish), that I had nothing to worry about and that I’d had a good time. My favourite memory is of being 1 of 2 glamorous assistants helping the Chairman distribute 3 boxes of cigars (a tradition) to the whole room. My, how I’ve settled in. My other favourite memory is of a colleague telling me that I’m his favourite of all the people who have joined the company in the last 5 years and asking if he could hire me as a motivator at an hourly rate. I know he was tiddly but I also think he meant some of it. The whole night was a success, the food was good, the venue was lovely, the staff were friendly and the DJs knew what to do. Of course I kicked off the dancing but by 11 the dance floor was rammed! I threw off the new shoes and spent 3 hours giving it some with wild abandon.

My whole body aches today though. My stitches are throbbing, my heels are raw, the soles of my feet are blistered and I can’t move my head very fast at all. This is from dancing you understand. I wasn’t alone though and eventually most people turned up for work today battered too. Even though no one can have had that much sleep, everyone was in very high spirits. Booby started it by putting photographic account of the evening onto the share drive. I was able to peruse them happily with no fear at all seeing as my biggest foe par of the evening was apologising to DJ Boyo for not having bigger breasts. That probably scared the life out of him, but I’m used to that now, and rarely worry about scaring men.

Thanks to jimbob for his advice and for having the lance at the ready, so to speak, but I am happy to clear up any notion that I am having anything other than a marvellous time. I love my job, I’m reading more than ever, Booby, the sharklette & catster have inspired me to get a camera, which I will do as soon as possible, I’m starting art school in January, my bulbs are sprouting and the noisy neighbours have been tamed. Hear my roar. Things are nice. Oh and I’m getting a 21 inch colour telly from Daddy for Christmas ☺. He wanted to get me a 28 inch screen! This arrives on Christmas Day morning when my big bro will collect me and fetch me to the folks. I’m really looking forward to the long break and I can’t wait to hide away and furrow. I’m planning to spend all my time doing DIY and improving the distance that I can jog. Home feels like home again and I’m going to celebrate by spending some quality time here and making some home improvements.

Wow, I am so enjoying this growing up lark. It rocks and I cannot wait to be 40.

No comments: