Monday, March 20, 2006

east village and greenwich all in one day

Yesterday we took a stroll to the East Village for brunch, even though the TH seems obsessed with getting everywhere by bus. Moroccan eggs, yum. We had plans to go to Brooklyn on the subway and walk back over the bridge but the wind chill factor was very high and we had a secret, warm alternative, watching March of the Penguins. Oh my God, can’t we doing something about this situation? We could drop food parcels, build platforms or drill holes through to the ice ANYTHING.

Then we hooked up with Jonathon at the fairy light grotto known as 55 Bar. Shark had told me that he is similar to me and I have to say that I like him, a lot. Very very handsome too. Phew. Shark slipped him some booty: PG Tips and V05 hair gel, which he immediately offered around the venue. He asked me why I was blogging about Jodie Foster. Hmm, explaining about Jodie Marsh was more than embarrassing. Still, I’m not ready to give it up just yet. We watched the Gabrielle Anders band. Against all the odds, ie small venue, band, music, being out, I really enjoyed it. I clapped when prompted, as the good bits were not always immediately obvious to me. I especially enjoyed the songs sung in English. I’m not racist, I just love lyrics you see. We met the drummer and some lovely “how you doing” men who shared a secret lovely flavour of Doritos, previously unknown to us. So salty snacks and table service led to another lovely evening topped off with Chinese take out. Life really turns around food here and I quite expect to come back the size of a house.

No comments: