Awesome. Opps, I’m not allowed to say that anymore. It’s been banned by the Sharkess.
I arrived safely in New York TG (another story there for another time) and took some blog notelettes of the journey for y’all. As Virgin do not give you a wee notepad anymore, I used the only blank piece of paper available to me, my sick bag. Before you scoff, while watching ‘Walk the Line’, as part of my in flight entertainment, I discovered that Johnny Cash had done exactly the same thing while inspired to write to Bob Dylan on a flight, before he had gone electric of course. So, if it’s good enough for him etc. So what if he was high on pills and booze at the time. I cast an eerie reflection on the screen throughout the film, rather like Frankenstein’s monster. Grrrrr. In complete contrast I then watched The Constant Gardener. Is it true that there will be a worldwide TB epidemic? I really must catch up on my current affairs.
On take off, I noticed a lovely advertisement on the top of a Tesco building. What is it that they want from you? I mean its not like I could jump off and get a 2 for 1 on bakery items is it? Apart from Sky Sports News only showing League One football results (der), the 1000000 mile per hour Duty Free opportunity that passed me by entirely (doh), the only thing of interest was going over Greenland. I think I saw some glaciers. Awesome, opps.
Last night was TH’s birthday and we went to Knickerbockers, the NYC equivalent of The Archduke, (without our laptops) to celebrate. I actually wore a pair, along with my lovely 4-inch heels. TH ate half a cow, I ate the other half, while the Shark was rather more sophisticated with duck. We had a marvellous time spotting who is gay, who is swinging and on occasion remembered to actually speak to each other. It was my best night out in New York ever and I did have a lovely time. We are also planning a night out on the local rough pub. It’s something that the Shark has wanted to do for a while but TH banned her. So, I’m not sure how to take the news that he actually suggested going to it BECAUSE I am here. His “It’s cos your Oirish” defence is sitting somewhat uncomfortably, although he means it with lots of love.
I’ve already hit the town, seen a sunset, Jupiter, a clear night sky with constellations and just narrowly missed Venus. Alright already.
Correction ; it’s because if there’s a fight he can put me in front.
No comments:
Post a Comment