Wednesday, March 22, 2006

soho and chi

Today we woke up fresh and fighting fit after our beautiful sleeps and practiced the fine art of Tai Chi. I’ve often watched the nutters, I mean practiscers, doing their Chi outside the Brockwell Lido at 7.30am in their gloves, hats and overcoats and people in various static poses under trees. I never imagined that I would ever want to be one, but after just 1 session I feel differently. It’s very hard to pick up and I felt relived when the Shark told me that it took her time and effort to learn even one routine. I only got the hang of one very small part of one routine and that was at the very end of the lesson. It’s not all brown rice and lentils you know, it’s for warriors! I couldn’t get the hang of it until teacher told me to aim like I was going to stab him in the eyes, knee him in the crutch etc etc while remaining calm, still and silent. These things really do go together. At the end of class he gave me 2 presents, one of his pens and a worry bead type bracelet. Shark says he notices things and I do tend to fiddle with my hair. This was like getting 2 gold stars. ☺ Being still is all foreign to me and I felt eerie and odd after class plus very cross-eyed but invigorated with it. Shark noticed a change in me immediately too in that my pace had lessened by about 30mph.

We had a wee stroll around Soho too and I bought myself another pair of knicker bockers. When I asked what sort of shoes I should wear with them, the overly helpful shop assistant brought me a 4-inch pair of stiletto shoes. I looked like Pete Burns, ie a docker in women’s clothing. It was oh so funny that she insisted on taking a snap of it.

On a more predictable vein, Chantelle with a C has acted as a spokesperson for Beatbullying. This is one of Jodie Marsh’s favored charities. Let’s see how charitable she is with her vitriol. In her battle with Murdoch the www.myspace.com/jodiehumanviagra has been removed. Does this means she’s winning or losing or that she now acts as a sleeping pill?

No comments: